Clinical Therapy Intern Placements

In 2015 South Pacific Private has an internal placement program for clinical therapy students and graduates. 

South Pacific Private wishes to support educational institutions and the development of skills in our field through these placements and will be opening our doors to placements for approved students & recent graduates.

The SPP Internship Program will provide a unique opportunity to experience the South Pacific Private model of treatment and to gain an understanding of the integrated treatment of addictions, mental health and trauma-related conditions.

Please note: Our Internship program is now full for 2015 and will re-launch in 2016




Scope of Internships:

The SPP Internship provides a solid foundation for observing clinical work in the field including; assessment, treatment planning, treatment implementation and continuing care planning.

- Interns will have the opportunity  to gain an insight into the work undertaken by our Intake and Assessment team, Clinical Therapy Team and Continuing Care Case Managers

- Internships last for a period of 2 weeks and cover 80 hours

- Interns are involved in client related activities in an observational capacity only, they will not be given direct control of clients at any time

- Interns will be supported by senior clinical staff throughout the Internship

- South Pacific Private recommends that interns commit to undertaking private supervision throughout the internship program


If you would like to apply for an internship placement, please follow the steps below.

  1. Interns apply via the SPP website, by downloading and completing the Intern Application form and sending it to
  2. There will be an interview process however due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every application
  3. For further information or general enquiries regarding our program, please email
  4. Please note that only successful applications will recieve a confirmation from South Pacific Private

Please note that a current Police Check and Working with Children Check will be required.